3M Cold Shrink End Caps are close-ended rubber tubes that are factory expanded and loaded onto a removable core. When positioned over the end of a cable or other cylindrical object, the core is removed to provide a reliable environmental seal.
Four different end caps are available to accommodate a wide range of sizes. They are easily installed and can be removed cleanly.
- Unique 3M Cold Shrink delivery system ensures fast, straightforward and consistent installation without compromising long term reliability
- No special tools, heat or site permits are required to install Cold Shrink, making it well suited for in-field applications
- Constant radial pressure for optimised environmental performance
- No flame required means there is less chance of damamging the cable material
- No cooling time is necessary before energising the cable
- Seals tight, and retains its resiliency and pressure even after prolonged years of aging and exposure
- No special site permits needed
- Fast, straightforward installation
- Environmentally seal and mechanically protect exposed cable ends using no tools, mastics or tapes
- Protect cables and pipes from exposure to moisture, contamination, corrosion, ozone, UV radiation and other environmental hazards